Monday 28 April 2008

Letter from Tanzania (2008 Detours Volunteer)

Written by Jodie Condell - Tanzania

Habari za Alasiri Danielle,

I hope things are going well for you in Oz, although I hear the weather leaves a little to be desired.

Your email finds me so very well, Asante Sana. I am definitely settling in to life in the village and what a beautiful family you have me staying with. Mama Branco is such an amazing woman and so inspiring in many ways. I have been made to feel very welcome and the orientation could not have been better to be honest. Shannon has been invaluable right from the word go, showing me around town and letting me get to know everything little by little. It was nice to experience Arusha before going out to Ilkurot as it gave me the chance to take baby steps as far as being introduced to everything and everything has just been so smooth from there.

To be honest I left with not many expectations, so then anything which I would experience would be just as is. I have been emailing Sally quite frequently so if there has been any advice which I have to offer she has it already. I have told her what she will and wont need and what I have heaps of to share with her so she can have extra space in her luggage for other things.

I am very happy here in the Village and the entire experience has been everything I imagined and and more.

Thank you also for your call before I left and your email. Its so nice to feel so well cared about and so well looked after. I cant tell you how much I appreciate it, and how high my opinion is of yourself and your company. So thank you.

Enjoy your time off, and I will be in touch.

Regards,

Jodie Condell

No comments:

Post a Comment