Wednesday 4 June 2008

Tanzania Wrap-Up

Written by Sally Flemming - Tanzania 2008 Detours Volunteer

Yes, the final week has arrived...and far too quickly! I feel as though I have only just arrived yet we have been so so busy and have done and seen so many exciting and breath taking things.

I know that there have been a few moments on this placement that have not really gone as smoothly for all of us, but on my behalf, i have had an absolutely amazing experience both in the Village and in Town.

I have met some amazing people, people that I don't think i would have clicked with at home however being here we have formed a friendship that I will cherish always.

The children, well what can you say really? It has given me a greater appreciation of all the things we take for granted back at home, it makes me look at my work with children in a new light and it really makes me appreciate my own family and the upbringing I have had, and I think that being able to realise the importance of my family in my life has been the most amazing thing for me overall!

I am so keen to meet you when I get back home to share all the experiences I have had since being here. I will be home early July so I will make contact with you soon...But maybe send me an email reminder at some point just in case I get caught up and busy.... :)

Thanks for all of your help, with everything!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment