Tuesday 30 December 2008

More from Pen

Tips for the January girls!



Health van one day each would be good, Jess will be great and very glad to explain things to the girls. Orphanage DEFINITELY would appreciate volunteers, and also the Suhit Jeevan Trust Sumangal school, the special school, is a really valuable insight into alternative ways of teaching and learning, especially in a society such as India where everyone is expected to contribute to supporting themselves, so for the older kids a lot of what they do is vocational training to enable them to be self-reliant to some degree. Iggy and I (Jess) have done some days there and it is very different to a regular school.
Sandhya's organising a Leprosy Hospital visit this week for myself and another girl here who is a pre-med student from Canada. Sandhya is excellent!

The girls will love it here, I really do and my only worry is that my 8 weeks will vanish and I'll feel I didn't make enough of the opportunity!

Hope your Christmas was good, and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment