Wednesday 9 November 2011

Eurodisney, Rennes & Italy for our Gappers in France


Salut!

I have just come back from a weekend in Rennes with my new friend Meagan! Rennes is a largish city in Bretagne. It is very popular among teenagers and university students! We spent our days shopping, admiring architecture and reading in the park. It was an exciting experience shopping in H&M because in Australia the clothes are only available online. I think the two of us spent about 2 hours in that store! The nightlife in Rennes was buzzing! There is a narrow street that looks isolated and untouched during the day but comes alive as soon as the sun goes down. The atmosphere was awesome, filled with music, dancing and of course tasty cocktails. It was an AWESOME weekend. I met people from all over the world! 


I have just moved to my second host families in the town of Pluneret and I am settling in nicely! I warmed to the family instantly. It is great having a teenage girl to be able to talk and hang out with. I do miss my previous family although I have arranged a few dinners and coffee dates with them. My new host Mother Benni is the best cook, she has made such terrific French dishes. Each night she describes where the dish is from. I have absolutely loved every meal even the ones that sound or look bizarre absolutely amaze me. I am currently searching for an Australian recipe that I can make that they will love! Any ideas would be much appreciated? 


About 2 weeks ago Andrew and I took at trip to Disneyland and the beautiful South of France. Eurodisney truly is a magical place. It definitely bought back some childhood memories. We spent the evening in Paris and explored the city by night, beautiful! The Eiffel tower sparkles in the darkness and it is so amazing to watch! The two of us boarded the TGV to Marsaille (the second biggest city in France). We spent three exciting days in the South and loved every minute of it. We visited some really beautiful islands, ate some great food and met an awesome Canadian guy at the Youth Hostel who became a great friend of ours. We took a day trip two hours away from Marsaille to the beautiful holiday city of Nice, I loved Nice! It was absolutely divine. My personal favourite I would say. 


Rebecca and Samuel took a trip to Rome and enjoyed some magnificent sites, Italian culture and of course some of the best foods and gelati! I am looking forward to hearing more about their stories when they get back. 


Tutoring is so much fun and it doesn’t even feel like tutoring. Today I played mastermind with my 12 year old host brother and it was heaps of fun. He explained to me the rules in English. Yesterday my 16 year old host sister taught me how to make her favourite French dish so that I can make it when I return to Australia, it was so good! Most of the English lessons with Marion are not even lessons; it is more like hanging out and having a chat over tea and chocolate. We are becoming very good friends. 


I am not just staying in France anymore instead i am living in living in France. I have routines, a favourite cafe and park and of course an awesome second family. I think I can speak on behalf of the rest of the group when I say that too. 

Life is great. 


Samantha!



No comments:

Post a Comment