Thursday 11 September 2008

Ghanaian Love!


Written by Nicole Donaldson - Ghana 2008 GapBreak Volunteer

"I'd also like to take this chance to say thank you to Antips for everything. It was organsied so well, but we still had our freedom to do as we wished. My time in Ghana was a truly memorable experience and something I will carry with me forever more. I had no idea that in 3 months I would fall totally in love with a culture and country so different from my own.

Walking around London, Vienna, Budapest now - nothing compares to the beauty of Ghana so thank you to Colin for telling me I had no choice but to head to Africa! I ring Ma now and I just miss her so much. She says she is already making plans for when I come back! Our family were just wonderful and the fact I loved every second of my placement is a credit to you guys and to Tina and Seth and everyone at SYTO! I cant wait to get me feet back on Ghanaian soil!

Without the opportunity to travel to Africa I doubt I would have travelled at all and what a mistake that would have been. Because of the people I've meet travelling and their interest in my time in Ghana, a job opportunity has opened up within the area of International Aid distribution! So thank you again for a fantastic time! It definately was the best thing I've done so far!"


No comments:

Post a Comment