Thursday 2 July 2009

More new from on the ground in India

Written by Elizabeth Hardby - GapBreak 2009, India

Today has been really good so far, we went to the day care and it was so fun! The little kids were jumping on me and my favourite kids were there, but they are all a little sick, one has a really bad ear infection and another had a tummy ache. They are so cute, when we sit down, Laxman and Puran (2 boys) run over to me and drape themselves on me, its great.

I have taught them different faces and they will do them randomly now. They are really cheeky.
Yesterday we went into town and brought some clothing because my nice pants got a rip in them, so I got some cotton ones which are really nice.

We have finally organised 2 trips, which we are doing through our in-country agent. We are going to Jodhpur for 3 days and we are doing some sight seeing and going on a camel safari with the new volunteers and Gaurav. Which will be so much fun. We will be staying in the desert with a tribal family and we are going on a camel ride for 2 days. We are so excited. Then in August we are going to Ranthanborne National Park (tiger park) and Agra (Taj Mahal) for 4 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment