Thursday 10 December 2009

Nepal UniBreak Volunteer Update - Loving the Nepali lifestyle!


Leanne's first report from Pokhara!



I am having an absolute ball and I think I can speak on behalf of the others as well. After a true Nepali style start, a strike on our first full day, I am really enjoying being over here. Mi Nam who is looking after us is fantastic, and we have been fed to death by his wonderful family.

We had our first day in the orphanage today, the children were lovely, I can see I will have a really rewarding experience there already. We also have 9 volunteers there altogether and it has been nice to meet others from all over the world. I think between us we come from Australia, USA, UK, Canada, Russia and Germany.

Will blog more soon, first few days have been very busy, just starting to get into a routine. Tomorrow is a Tibetan festival so we are staying home for a day of community festivities!!

Hope all is well back in Australia!!

No comments:

Post a Comment