Friday 6 August 2010

Tyler arrives in China!

Hello All!
I have safely landed in the land that is China, I did so at about 11.30pm last night, in Australia I think that is like 2.30am.

I have made quite a few friends already, an American girl at the international flight transfer, a Chinese girl on the flight to Beijing, she was helping me with my Mandarin on the lovely 12 or so hour plane flight- she has offered to show me around Beijing, even going so far as to invite me over for dinner. Upon arriving at my accomodation for the next month I have met many great peoples from all over the world, my roomate is this nice Swedish gentleman, I am converting him into a lover of the Lisa Mitchell (an Australian singer for those curious).
We did an orientation course today, explaining the timetable for the next month, it is going to be a blast! Karaoke next Thursday, the Great Wall on Friday, Thai Chi lessons among many other things.

I am really quite tired, after exploring the streets this afternoon :) Went to this amazing marketplace with some Swedish and British girls and my roomate. It was great fun haggling. The people here are great!

I had Subway for dinner, as I have been craving cucumber all day. It's very different. ANYWHO, I'ma stop my ramblin', hope it all makes sense and Australia is treating you all well. I'm swell :d

Tyler

P.S, the weather is intense! I got off the plane last night at 11.30pm and it was a sauna outside, humid, foggy. It's just so humid. I cannot express that enough, and hot. Like 35 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment